Volz Servos GmbH & Co. Kg located in Offenbach, Germany. They produce high end actuators for industrial and aerospace applications. They have been in business over 30 years and have several COTS solutions and can also develop custom solutions. Volz servos are flying on several global UAV platforms around the world including the following (in the public domain): Lockheed Martin Fury 1500, Northrop Grumman BAT, AAI Corp Aerosonde Mk4.7, Aeronautics Orbiter, EADS Cassidian DO-DT target drones, Orbital Scan Eagle n20 engine for Insitu, and Schiebel Camcopter S-100. Volz have high end optional features such as brushless motors, contactless postion sensor, position feedback, redundant solutions and clutch mechanisms for OPV (optionally piloted vehicle) applications. All hardware has traceability which can be difficult to obtain from high volume hobby RC servos. Volz is also ISO9001:2008 certified and applies advanced quality systems for demanding UAV requirements. This can include 100% HASS (highly accelerated stress screening) or even custom measurements depending on customer needs.
Key features of Volz servos are:
- CNC machined aluminum actuator case.
- IP67 standard for water/dust intrusion protection.
- Multi purpose lug mounts for variable servo fixation.
- Integrated microprocessor controlled PC boards.
- Fully programmable by the customer.
- ISS System protects gear train against shock loads.
- Serial communication interface (DA26/DA30 and larger).
- Wear free position sensor for improved reliability/life.
- Brushless motor for improved reliability/life.
For more info, please contact Bob Schmidt PH: +1 810 441 1457
Click link below for UST Supplier Listing.