I am the US rep for Orbital and market their propulsion systems to US UAV customers. I have permission from Orbital to re-print a presentation they made at Technion – Israel’s Institute of Technology’s Sixth Conference on Propulsion Technologies for Unmanned Aerial Vehicles in Haifa, Israel on January 26th, 2017 titled “Orbital FlexDI: Providing reliable and efficient heavy-fuel IC engines for the UAV industry” authored by Dr. Geoff Cathcart and John Tubb from Orbital.
- Orbital UAVe website: http://uave.orbitalcorp.com.au/
- UAV Propulsion Tech – Orbital page: http://uavpropulsiontech.com/orbital/
- Technion-Israel Institute of Technology – Sixth Conference on Propulsion Technologies for Unmanned Aerial Vehicles: https://ptuav.net.technion.ac.il/
Key UAV News for the Week:
- Insitu’s ScanEagle UAV Deployed for Monitoring Pirate Activity
- ‘World’s first’ small UAV beams 4G signal as a ‘flying cell tower’
- Northrop Firebird Tests UAV Collision Avoidance System
- AT Panther delivery drone can land on the street then drive to your doorstep
Industry Events for April:
- Unmanned Security Expo @ISC West, Las Vegas, NV, APR 5-7. http://www.iscwest.com/Unmanned-Security-Expo-ISC/#
- Aero 2017, Friedrichshafen, Germany, APR 5-8, http://www.aero-expo.com/aero-en/
- Sun & Fun, Lakeland, FL, APR 4-9, http://www.flysnf.org/
- SPIE Defense+ Commercial Sensing, Anaheim, CA, APR9-13, https://spie.org/conferences-and-exhibitions/defense–commercial-sensing
- Unmanned Systems Asia, Singapore, APR 18-20, http://www.unmannedsystems-asia.com/
- TUS Expo – Netherlands, APR 19-21, http://www.unmannedsystems-asia.com/
Quote for the week:
“Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value” – Albert Einstein.
UAV Propulsion Tech is unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) hardware solution provider of propulsion, servo, autopilot, rescue/recovery parachutes, electric turbofans, pneumatic launchers, capacitive liquid level sensors, engine sensors and gyro-stabilized EO/IR gimbal solutions. Click on the HOME link above or go to www.uavpropulsiontech.com for more info.