I thought it would be good to close out the year with highlights and news from the various companies represented by UAV Propulsion Tech here in the US. These include Orbital, Volz, Hirth, MicroPilot and Skygraphics. It has been a busy and productive year, and thought it would be good to highlight the key items from the year. I will try to summarize by company.
- JAN 19, 2015 – In January I started representing MicroPilot out of Winnipeg, Canada to market their autopilot solutions in the US. Here is a copy of the press release.
- FEB/MAR, 2015: Shephard’s magazine highlight’s MicroPilot partnership with UAV Propulsion Tech with article titled: “Are partnerships the way forward for the industry?”.
- Focusing on marketing of the triple redundant autopilot for applications with expensive payloads/air vehicles and board mount solutions for commercial multicopter and fixed wing applications.
- APR 23, 2015: Volz launches new DA26-D servo for demanding UAV applications. Volz also has the DA30 variant also available in this redundant configuration. You can find out more about Volz redundant variations by visiting the website.
- DEC 1, 2015: Volz launches updated website with OPV (optionally piloted vehicle) solution. This is a electromagnetic clutch allowing users to disengage for OPV applications.
- OCT 6, 2015: Hirth Motors launches new 4103 8hp UAV Engine.
- Hirth focuses on providing COTS (consumer off the shelf) engine solutions to global UAV customers.
- Hirth launches new 15hp engine with 1kW starter/generator with optional reduction drive. Also can be upgraded with iPower injection technology for heavy fuel.
- NOV 15, 2015: ProtectUAV COTS solutions available for hobby/commercial market for applications <25kg.
Key UAV News for the Week:
- Northrop Grumman maps out “bold” vision for Aerospace sector.
- Air Force so desparate for drone pilots they’re offering them $125,000 bonuses.
- Intelligent Energy hydrogen fuel cells significantly extend drone flight time.
- Drone owners must register with FAA, starting DEC 21
Industry Events for December:
- UAS TAAC, DEC 8-10, Santa Ana Pueblo, New Mexico, USA https://taac.psl.nmsu.edu
- International Drone Expo, DEC 11-12, Los Angeles, CA, USA www.intdroneexpo.com
Quote for the week:
“Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. . It is the spirit of the men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.” George S Patton.